Recommended iPads (July 2020):
Best budget/kids/entry level:
Recommended iPad accessories are listed on my gear guide.
Note: the links above are affiliate links, meaning if you make a purchase a small commission will be paid to me.
iPad Comparison Chart:
What to look for?
- Use the chart above to find the right iPad for you
- Screen size – do you want a smaller screen like the iPad mini, or the large 12.9″ screen of the iPad Pro?
- Storage – recommended is at least 32gb – 64gb if your budget can stretch
- Speed – processor and RAM (memory) – the faster the better for music production – go for the best you can afford
- Connections – do you want a headphone jack and lighting port? Go for any except the iPad Pro 2018 and 2020 models which use USB-C and have no headphone jack