How to mix a song on your iPhone using GarageBand iOS
Mixing is the process of taking your recorded song and balancing the volume, and adding effects and EQ, to generate a final “mix” of your track, ready for mastering.
In this video, I show you how I mix tracks right on my iPhone, including:
– Using the FX track as a master volume and EQ track
– Using master reverb and master echo
– Adjusting track effects
– Using EQ to enhance or reduce some frequencies
– Using a compressor to balance the volume on vocals
– Automating volume using volume automation
– And much more!
Watch to the end to take a listen to the current version of the mix after all of these changes.