Welcome to episode eight of our series here on Studio Live Today where we take a commonly used studio or audio term that it not so commonly understood.
In this episode, we talk all about mixing. What is mixing, how do you mix a song and what does it involve?
Covered in this video:
1. What is mixing?
2. History of mixing – balancing volume levels
3. Using effects and plug-ins (compression, EQ)
4. “In the box” vs “Out of the Box (Digital vs Analog)
5. A sneak peak of mastering
6. Various other ranting about mixing
Studio Jargon Busters – Full Series – https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLc8Xg_23Wa56D_AHkIJSSznUs_O9qNjrc
More audio goodness as http://studiolivetoday.com