Welcome to our brand new series here on Studio Live Today where we take a commonly used studio or audio term that it not so commonly understood.
In this episode, we explore the world of Digital Audio Workstations, also known as DAWs.
Covered in this video:
1. Who are we and why are we here?
2. What is a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW)?
3. Examples of Digital Audio Workstations (DAWs)
4. History of Digital (and Analog) Workstations – tape machines, mixing desks and consoles
5. Early home studio equipment – 4-track cassette recorders and hard drive recorders
6. Multi-tracking and overdubbing
7. Modern recording software using audio interfaces
For more Studio Jargon Busters, go to http://studiolivetoday.com/jargon